Friday, October 30, 2015

A~ Steam Tour with Dr. Syntax! Trotting through TBNLA with the Good Doctor...


Fond Friends, Fillies, Janeite Jockeys & Meryton Mules! In this month of the amazing horrid, I spirit up my first quite frightful action into the world of race~y Bath vapors, shadows and smoke! Here, upon my first steam tour through the quite steamious world of The Bath Novels of Lady A~, shall I de~mist~ify the very pipes & plumbing of the Novel microcosms created by the archly reclusive Lady A~. And if any of you be not quite the Aces I pride myself on being--without undue prejudice of course--then I shall race to your aid to enlighten you.


Lady A~, a nom de course by which the inimitable Miss Jane Austen was once known, when not gone quite batty, is a blue hen deeply connected with Bath. Her short sojourn in that place brought about a flow of fresh composition which, right up to the homestretch, thence produced a set of seven front-running novels. For a length of time these prizes remained undiscovered, but through the good graces of a fond sister and a betting friend they were astutely lifted from the fog. Though the whole thing was a stakes race, it proved a photo finish in the end. See for yourself whether you can discern where the original Lady A~ finishes and where the new Lady A~ begins. At any rate, seven superb little worlds teaming with Austen characters in Regency Town & Country have now hit the board with a veritable Bath bang!


The first of the TBNLA pack to delight Janeite Bookies is the dashing debut novel, Merits and Mercenaries. Its first edition was initially trotted out in 2011 and, following a grand Steam Tour, Lady A~ felt quite spurred on to revise this little beauty. With her crop did she then lop some bits here and there to produce a sparkling work of even finer pedigree. Neigh, one that could be backed quite off the map! Its second edition started behind the barrier in April 2015 and has been running a fine race ever since. Much shall we canvass of this superb little creature upon this Canterlogue, with its Meritocrats & Mercenaries backing their bets all across Hampshire and London. With some crusher odds outfoxing both Bays & Bolters, there is much to blow about in this dead cert winner. But for now I shall merely tantalize you with track talk & tactics of this heated Bath tangle.


And with such tactical track talk do I also put-to this bit of drum. The second high-spirited, lively dasher of the Bath Novel stable is set to bolt from its box! Though I cannot whinny a word of its title or its theme, I have taken a field bet with Lady A~ to enigmatically introduce you to some of the treats in store. Using a combination of all the runners in this most winsome creation, I have hit upon a set of clues that I shall parade not infrequently with a touch of the charade. In such manner, and without forcing the course of what is destined to become a sure favorite, shall I sprint you down the track with this hot pot of hints to a grandstand A~nnouncement! By my oats, it will be a cracker! I do urge you to follow my mail, here in my canter-column, and to wager all you have by way of interest upon this top TBNLA tipster. Janeites & Jockeys, dash it! Do join me trackside & put the bit between yer teeth. The second steamious Bath Novel is about to cross the line!

Clues to be trotted out in due Course in the next in~stall~ment of Dr. S's Trotting through TBNLA with the Good Doctor... here in Stable Home Quarters and Bubbling Beneath in our Bath Corner!

  
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Set it in A~ Saddlebag

Name

Email *

Message *