Sunday, September 27, 2015

A~ Galloping Tour through the World of Dr. Syntax

'Dr Syntax': A dark horse let loose from his box to race and bay whenever the whinny takes him

Heyday fond Friends and Fillies! What a hands-high pleasure it is to welcome you to my 'race~y', pacey Canterlogue full of Bath Novel & Austenesque fare. A fare place indeed, where you will meet my colorful connections working trackside for your punting pleasure. Indeed, I have been biting at the bit to hit the TBNLA board, but have been squarely outnumbered by the Ladies. Trumping them all at last with my sharpest monocle and finest cravat (neigh, do but regard both!), the sheer stature of my showmanship persuaded the fair troupe to have done with my neigh-saying & open the door so that the very dashing horse could bolt! I trot in before you quite tacked up with those little treats to engage and entertain the discerning, & nothing that should cause a good deal of shying away from things race~y or pacey, I dare say...

Aye, well, what is my pedigree, pray? Well, I'm a fellow of letters who adores touring but has also galloped through or a good race or two in my rather illustrious lifetime. Being quite a prize, there was much written about me, neigh (!), even depicted in the finest strokes of a senior Herring brush.


'Dr Syntax', a dark bay racehorse in a loose box by John Frederick Herring, Sr.

My fame takes me into the homestretch of the great Austen years and I should have given a hock or two to have that fair lady wager a piece of pewter in favor of my odds, dash it! That I should then run into Lady A~, as Miss Jane Austen was once hailed by the beau monde, many furlongs forward in time, having found a commodious paddock in the vicinity of Bath, I must confess, is quite a coup!


Madam Jane as retouched by Amano & our Lady A~ in sheerest profile

Indeed, Lady A~ has been so very kind to increase my acquaintance with some rather showy Spratts & Larks. Two of whom you shall meet here, along with this fascinating Lady, in due course. But trotting along... We all of us have now groomed our united talents to entertain and engage you in a racing fashion. I have been assigned to rustle up a treat or two for your jogging pleasure. In exquisite equestrian form do I bring you my little canter-column: Trotting through TBNLA with the Good Doctor: A~ general round up of things most diverting in the high-paced world of TBNLA.


Trotting through TBNLA with the Good Doctor

Of the fair troupe that shall also parade & perform about my paddock upon this Canterlogue, save Spratt, who you will meet anon, there be two Ladies. One very fair & the other quite an olde Byrd. Lady A~ whom I have just mentioned in prancing, shall be contributing to my 'posts'. With bubbling tidings from her Bath Corner, upon all things steamious in her novel world, she will also provide us with 'Act Chasers' in her Bath Play~house to whet our appetite for all of the 'tangles' in her prize Bath Novels.



And as our Lady is such a steady scribbler, she intends to oftentimes award her fond followers with a trophy or two of her fair Volumes, so fix an eye upon my Stall for tidings of such Bath Novel prizes to be won, or lost, should any of ye be of the betting kind. Neigh! If any of ye are perusing this, I will wager that you are!


Merits and Mercenaries: Lady A~'s first Bath Novel Beauty

As for the olde Byrd, some of you betters might know her from the Twittershire, where she was formerly famous for her terrific tweeting. Harnessing Mrs. Skyelarks's unbridled talent once more, I have spurred her on, in a fashion, so that she might bear to you, Friends and Fillies, all of her unique news and revues/reviews from the Janeite/TBNLA trackside in Mrs. Skyelark's Revue.



As for Spratt you see here... Well this tour-some hard keeper & Man of Letters will provide me a counterpart of ego to debate all things that A~mount to a veritable stable of TBNLA & Austenesque fare in T~A~T with Mr. Spratt. I should call Spratt a rare hack in my thoroughbred family, & quite nothing like the unmatched stud at the head of it (no nip intended!). Our performance shall, nonetheless, entertain you enough, I dare say, if only you steal a 'mare bit' of time merely outlining the curb of this punter's trophy nose! Humpf!



I do warn you that as Chef 'de 'quip!', I & my equestrian team come equipped with 'gold carats' that shall pepper our content with our 'Yays & Neighs' of the Regency World, & all it has to offer by way of galloping entertainment. On an equestrian scale of like~dislike, for example, one such carat shall signal a 'whiffey Whinny' while at the other end, five shall signal our top approval as a 'dappled Dandy'. (We have yet to fashion names for the carats in between.)


A~ '5-carat' Dappled Dandy

But, neigh again! I am not quite yet done--am I ever, indeed! Here you see I have migrated onwards and trotwards, quite like a feral beast, to the Twittershire. At such arena, I cut a very fine quip with a goodly nip, & if you should desire the sheer bold brass of my running commentary (nothing quite 'mane~stream', I assure you), I urge you not to resist from backing me there post-haste.


Dr. Syntax bolts like a colt to ye Twittershire!

Neigh! Become a fellow of my Stable and we shall give the other Twits their fare due in hay-day amusement! Ah, but this be the least of my horsing about, I assure ye! They don't call me 'Dr. Syn' for naught in Bath! Ha! & Heyday! I bid you a prancingly pert 'Tally-Ho' with a swaggering bow--for now! Saddle up Friends & Fillies. The race is about to begin!



Aye! Do be Pets & prance along to my Paddock Page upon TBNLA, pray!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Set it in A~ Saddlebag

Name

Email *

Message *